Tuesday 19 August 2008

Ghastly!



The mermaid is gorgeous. I mail-ordered a piece of the recommended fabric from ABC Stitches, and today it arrived from the US (it's a fabric from a supplier in the UK, but prices in USD made it half the cost). It's Neptune by Polstitches.

Here'e my warning...

The piece of fabric delivered to my postbox is not at all like the example on the site or in the various different publications. The piece of fabric that I received is lime green. It's also the ugliest piece of fabric I have ever acquired. I wanted something more blue-green like the stitched example in the book and magazine.

What do you think of my chance of an exchange directly through Polstitches? To go through the US company I bought the original piece from makes postage prohibitively expensive.

Oh woe (typed with swooning dramatics & a hysterical giggle that's not quite serious), I totally give up working with other than white fabrics.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's a pretty mermaid and that fabric definitely looks like a cloudy blue sky to me. I can't imagine how she's got it looking like that on the image if it's lime green IRL lol. Sounds gross. Can you send it back and get a replacement? It's very obvious it's not what you were looking at on the website and that's a good enough reason.

imnverted said...

I feel your fabric woes. Had the same thing happen with a piece from Picture This Plus. The swatch I chose was a grayish green but what I got is a dark blue-green. Decided to use it for the chart it was ordered for anyway.

Chiloe said...

Polstitches in in the UK not the US but it's still far away anyway ... YOu should contact them anyway because lime green is very far away from the cloudy blue I see on my screen ... They may send you a replacement or they may not but at least, they will know there is a problem with their fabric ;-)

Andie said...

Thats terrible!! You should definetly e-mail them!! Sorry this happened to you! I have heard a few complaints around blogs recently about their fabrics not looking anything like what was ordered