Wednesday 26 December 2007

SBQ: Holiday Gifts

Christmas 2007 has been & gone. Thank you to everyone who sent messages, cards and newsletters. I loved getting them & appreciate hearing all your news.

Gifts were exchanged on Christmas Day just before lunch. Everyone loved the beadsets I made.

I received a lovely new watch, a red handbag & shoes to match from the MOTH; books to read, a DVD, a candle, mositurizing creams, chocolates & beading materials from the kids.

The gift from my mother-in-law caused the greatest hilarity. She sent me 4 pairs of white bonds cottontail undies - um, sized 'enormous'. What a great sense of humour that lady has! We laughed and laughed! I think that we can work these knickers into a new Christmas ‘tradition’. Any ideas?

Sad to say, no stitching related gifts, but those of you who know me well also know that my family thinks that I have enough stash already. The family is not blind!

Boxing Day is always a quiet one in our household. The lazy day is needed to recover from a day in the kitchen on the 25th. Neither Paul nor I moved off the lounge chairs (except to hang out the tea towels & table cloths and to drifted back and forth from the fridge to sample leftovers). We blindly watched 5 DVDs in a row, the latest being 'The Muppet Treasure Island' while we played with Lucy or I stitched more of 'Fred'.

Ah, the life of holidays!

Until next time ...

Bliss

3 comments:

Heather said...

What? Your family doesn’t want to add to your stash? LOL! Kind of like my hubby :D He asked what I wanted for Christmas, and I said cross stitch stash… and he said “Heather, you already have a room full of it, and I have to refuse” So… that didn’t work well.

The big undies cracked me up, how fun is that? I hope you can incorporate it into next year. Glad you had such a lovely Christmas :)

Cheryl said...

Your boxing day sounds very similar to ours :)

Alberta said...

I love the thought of the Christmas knickers!