Wednesday 6 December 2006

On this day ...


For me, December is a month of milestones.
Most importantly, my son, David, was born on 16th December 1983. Nothing matches up to that!

It was on this day 10 years ago that I left Australia to go on my first trip to England. After 9 glorious days in London, I took an 19 day bus tour of Western Europe arriving in Paris on 2nd January 1997 to work for three months. Ah, what an adventure it was!

On this same date in 1995, I went to New Caledonia for three weeks intensive French language studies.

In December 1977 (I can't believe how long ago that was!) I was accepted into a student nursing programme. Felicity, you've come a long way baby! I began the following March and continued in the nursing profession until 1995 when I went to university.

In December 2001 I was offered my first teaching job in a school (I had already been teaching piano since the early 80s).

In December 2002, Paul & I started our big romance. The following December we moved in together.
And today? Nothing as grand as other years. I got my hair cut short.

Yes, life IS blissful. I'm glad I stopped and counted some of the blessings today.

Happiness & laughter always,

Bliss

No comments: